last updated January 20, 2019
Genacol International Corporation, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the Company, We or Us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy (‘Company’ ‘We’ or ‘Us’). This privacy statement (‘Statement’) sets out how We use and protects any information that you give Us when you use this website.
Genacol.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Where We collect certain information which relates to you when you are using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This Statement explains how We collect information about you that relates to you and your interaction with Us (‘Personal Data’), how this Personal Data is processed by Us, how to contact Us with inquiries or complaints, and how to access, modify, or delete your Personal Data.
Genacol.com may change this Statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for our legitimate business interest that includes marketing our goods and services, running Our business, as well as engaging and developing great talent. Our processing of Personal Data collected from Our websites is based primarily on this justification. However, some uses of Personal Data is necessary to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our websites. This includes information provided when subscribing to Our services (for example to receive information from us), posting material or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion online and when you report a problem with Our site.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Technical details of your visits to Our site including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access. This may or may not include Personal Data.
We obtain information from you in three ways:
- either by you typing your personal details in,
- by the automatic collection of information about you as you use Our websites, or
- from third parties.
Even though We can automatically process Personal Data, We will not use solely automated means of processing your Personal Data in such a way to have any significantly adverse impact to you.
Please note that information which cannot reasonably be related to you is not considered Personal Data and is not subject to this Statement. Only information which can be connected to you is subject to this Statement.
You will be asked for certain financial data if you make an online purchase from our store. Credit card payments are managed by PAYPAL (www.paypal.com) or Moneris (www.moneris.com,) Two independent institutions recognized for their secure payment services on the Internet. The information you will have to provide is your name, first name, civic address, as well as your credit card number. This information will be used to proceed with the purchase authorization. This type of data can be particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number, is always encrypted and highly protected during transmission. This data collection and protection process is managed by our financial providers PAYPAL and Moneris. Genacol does not take note of credit card numbers and does not keep them on its server.
What We do with the information We gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our sites.
- To notify you about changes to what We do.
- To protect the integrity of Our website, Our services, and Our reputation.
- To prosecute or defend legal claims.
- To protect other users of Our websites, and to ensure no unlawful or unethical activity occurs through Our systems.
We may also use your Personal Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate your choice on the relevant box on the form when We collect your Personal Data.
We are committed to securing your Personal Data. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online.
How We use IP addresses and cookies
You can find out more about this type of technology through your internet browser.
The system may also use web beacons which are similar but not identical to cookies in the way they operate. You can find out more about web beacons on Wikipedia.
If you are only browsing Our website and have not logged in, We will not ask you to directly submit in any Personal Data. However, certain information (which may be considered Personal Data) – including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and platform details and the time of accessing the website – will be automatically collected. This technology helps Us to improve Our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. It helps Us:
- To estimate Our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow Us to customize Our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to Our site.
We do use third-party cookies on our Sites, as well as third party provided web beacons. This is to help Us and our partners track your interests and make sure that any advertising content you may receive as a result of your visits to this site are relevant to your interests.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Our sites are not compatible with DNT.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies please refer to aboutcookies.org.
Where We Store Your Data
Our servers are in the United States of America and Canada Data may also be processed by staff around the world working for Us, or for one of Our suppliers. These staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your information requests, or the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will store Personal Data we collect about you as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or where there is a legal obligation – laws or regulation that may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that We do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of Our group of companies for the purposes set out in this Statement
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets.
- If Our or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held will be one of the transferred assets. Similarly, your Personal Data may be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a reconstruction, liquidation or administration.
- We also use demographic information to tailor the website to the interests of Our visitors. we share this with third parties so that they can build up a better picture of Our customer base and general consumer trends.
- You may have accessed Our website through a hyperlink from the website of a third party such as Google. If so, you consent to your personal details, including behavioral patterns, being shared between Us and that third party in accordance with Our relationship with them.
Controlling your Personal Data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to Us using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional inquiries regarding data or erasure requests may be sent to email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Data to third parties except as described in this Statement, as permitted by law, or are required by law to do so. We may use your Personal Data to send you promotional information about third parties which We think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In some countries you may have the right to exercise a number of legal rights in relation to the restricting the processing of your personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include: obtaining and accessing information regarding the processing of your personal information, requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances, objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information. You can exercise those rights by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that whilst you may exercise these rights, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to refuse a request to exercise your rights. Generally this is when your attempt to exercise your rights infringe on another’s rights.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at the address below. Also, please send us any comments or complaints about this Policy or our handling of your personal data. Send us a written request if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, for any specified purpose, or to request access to or a copy of your data we have on file in order to review it for accuracy, to make changes, to transfer it, or delete all of part of it. Genacol will respond to your question, inquiry or complaint within a reasonably timeframe – typically within thirty business days, except where required by law to respond sooner.
Address: Corporation Genacol International inc.
Blainville QC J7C 6B4